Pittsfield Listens: Home
January 8: Solving Public Problems- The Deliberative Dialogue Process
Posted January 2, 2015
Solving public problems is a challenging task. Pittsfield Listens- in partnership with NH Listens- seeks to build engaged community that can share their experiences and resources for getting 'unstuck' and solving public problems that affect NH residents' everyday lives. We welcome Pittsfield community members and groups to join for this months Community Connection and learn more about:
- the process of public engagement and deliberative dialogue;
- how Pittsfield Listens and this process can be a resource to solving local issues;
- the role of the facilitator, and what it means to become trained to facilitate small groups in community wide conversations. Facilitators have the opportunity to assist in local, regional, and statewide dialogues. This is a great precursor to the facilitator training to take place in February;
- how Pittsfield Listens moved through this process in 2011 to support giving more voice to people in the community as part of the redesign efforts of Pittsfield Middle High School.
Pittsfield Community Impact Awards 2014
Posted December 15th, 2014
Congratulations to all the nominees and awardees of the 3rd Annual Pittsfield Community Impact Awards, hosted by Pittsfield Listens! It was a packed house for Awards Night at The Scenic Theater on the snowy evening of Thursday December 11th. From the beautiful stage decked for the holidays and being joined by the 2012 or 2013 Community Impact Awardees to help present the awards to this years recipients, it was a very special celebration of the Pittsfield community. The festivities continued with food and friends for a post-ceremony celebration at Jitters Café. Thank you to everyone who joined to celebrate the incredible people and many efforts that are having a positive impact on the Pittsfield Community! Read more here
We love our neighbors! Our community is using a private online social network called Nextdoor Pittsfield, where we share events, items for sale/free, safety concerns, ideas, and more. Nextdoor helps you...
- Get to know your neighbors
- Share local recommendations
- Lend, borrow and give away
- Keep the neighborhood safe
- Stay informed
How can all of us make Pittsfield a great place for everyone to live, learn, work and play?